Share this post
On 5th December 2022, HRI, EHRA, NAPUD, GFAN and UNAIDS held a webinar to discuss the Global Fund replenishment outcome and how to strengthen funding for harm reduction in the 2023-2025 Grant 7 Cycle. Joining the discussion were Robin Montgomery (Matahari), Daniel Wolfe and Susie McLean (Global Fund), Francis Joseph (NAPUD), Iris Semini (UNAIDS), and Ganna Dovbakh (EHRA). This briefing compiles the five things you need to know about harm reduction and Global Fund Grant Cycle 7. The webinar recording is available in English, French, Spanish and Russian.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HARM REDUCTION AND THE GLOBAL FUND GRANT CYCLE 7
1. The Global Fund has released a new information note on harm reduction.
2. Funding requests must make the link between programming areas and their impact on HIV outcomes.
3. There are now minimum expectations for community engagement at different stages of the Global Fund grant cycle.
4. Community and civil society can engage with networks and allies, as well as country coordinating mechanisms(CCMS).
5. Support is available, but timing is key!
Read more in our briefing above.